With a share of roughly 48 percent, natural gas plays a key role in meeting Pakistan’s energy needs. The fuel is utilized in various applications, including residential, commercial, and industrial. Sui Gas Field is Pakistan’s biggest gas reserve, accounting for around 6% of the country’s total gas reserves. The two largest gas corporations in the nation, Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC) Limited and Sui Northern Gas Pipeline Limited (SNGPL), deliver gas to the country’s southern and northern areas, respectively. So, you are in the right place, if you’re looking for a new gas connection in Pakistan but aren’t sure where to start.
This article covers all of the requirements and the processes and procedures for installing an SSGC New connection. But, before we get into the technicalities, let’s learn more about the various sorts of gas customers in Pakistan.
Further, if you want to download your SSGC Online Bill you can click the link.
How to apply for SSGC New connection Online
If you wish to apply for a new SSGC connection, click the button above, which will take you to a website where you may fill out an application that requires the following information.
- Choose the Area in which you wish to set up a connection.
- The date on which you filed your application.
- The number of the nearest client who already has a gas connection.
- A number of the nearest gas meter placed in your residence.
- The number of already placed gas meters.
- Enter the number of locations where you want a new connection.
- Enter the number of kitchens in the field below.
- House Flat Portion Plot, for example, is a form of a premise.
- Fill in the plot size.
- Now, enter the appropriate number of connections.
- Fill in the application’s name.
- Your Father’s/Mother’s/names are necessary for all applications.
- Fill in the details.
- Where Do You Need a Gas Connection? (required).
- Enter a mobile phone number that is not switched to another network.
- Now, Enter your CNIC number here.
- Enter the email address that is now operational.
- If there are any unpaid dues, enter the amount.
- Please attach a document with a file size of less than 1MB.
- Completing the ReCAPTCHA
- Submit the form by clicking the submit button.
After submission, you will receive an important consumer id.
When you submit your application, the SSGC customer service representative will come to your home to measure the distance between your home and the principal connection. They will then be able to approve your application.
If you wish to apply for a new SSGC connection online, the information listed above is crucial. Nowadays, the ideal approach is to utilize an online application since you can follow your application online using the consumer id.
To apply for SNGPL New Connection click the link.
Types of Gas Consumers in Pakistan
In Pakistan, there are three types of Gas users.
Because the process for applying for a new gas connection in Pakistan differs for the three types of customers, we’ve looked over each one separately below.
Domestic Gas Connection in Pakistan:
The following are the steps to apply for a home gas connection in Pakistan.
- To start, you must get an application form to obtain a domestic gas connection for residential usage. The form is free and you can get it from your local Sui Gas office or accessed it online.
- After you’ve completed the domestic gas connection form, submit it with required papers, such as a copy of your ID card, a photocopy of legal property documents to determine its size, and a copy of a neighbor’s gas bill.
- After submitting the papers, you will get a confirmation letter. It may take up to 6 weeks to get a response to your application, as stated in the acknowledgment letter.
- The next stage is for a representative from the relevant gas authority to visit you and conduct a comprehensive examination of the site before creating an outline of your business that will be submitted for approval.
- In the applicant’s name, a demand notice will be sent to you., who in this case is you, after the site is authorized.
- The next step is to submit a security deposit, which is computed based on the size of the property (We have mentioned further details about the fee for new domestic gas connections in Pakistan further down).
- Following the above stages, the applicant is issued a Consumer Master Card (CMC), following which the applicant is issued with a gas connection and a meter within a week.
- The billing department receives the information about the new customer and administers the monthly billing operations.
Commercial Gas Connection in Pakistan:
In Pakistan, installing a commercial gas connection is nearly the same. However, before applying for a business gas connection, you should be aware that commercial customers are divided into low-pressure commercial and high-pressure commercial consumers. So, what are the main determinants of this classification? Let’s have a look.
1. Low-pressure Commercial Consumers:
- A low-pressure commercial customer is someone who uses less than 300 cubic feet of gas per hour.
- The security deposit amount is determined by the gas load necessary. Service line rates for low-pressure clients, on the other hand, are fixed at PKR 5,000.
- Withholding tax, sales tax, and meter rent are all included in the monthly billing expenses for a low-pressure business customer.
2. High-pressure Commercial Consumers:
- A high-pressure commercial user is someone who consumes more than 300 cubic feet of gas per hour.
- The needed gas load determines the security deposit and service line costs for high-pressure users.
- Withholding tax, sales tax, and meter rent are all included in the monthly billing expenses for a high-pressure business customer.
3. Industrial Gas Connection in Pakistan:
The method of connecting a gas line for industrial usage is nearly identical to connecting a gas line for household use. The following are some essential characteristics that characterize an industrial consumer:
- The organization is involved in the manufacturing of commodities.
- The amount of gas load utilized each month has surpassed 500 cubic feet.
- Before assigning the application to the commercial or industrial category, a survey of the premises is necessary.
Important Things to Know About SSGC Commercial and Industrial Gas Connections:
- For low-pressure and high-pressure commercial consumers, the application processing charge is PKR 500. On the other hand for industrial customers, there is no processing fee.
- Industrial rates are lower than those charged to commercial customers.
- Commercial and industrial gas connections in Pakistan take about eight weeks to build, similar to home connections.
Documents Required to Apply for SSGC New Connection in Pakistan:
You must submit your application for a new gas connection and the required documentation, whether you are a home, commercial, or industrial gas customer.
- Computerized National Identity Card photocopy (CNIC).
- A photocopy of the House/Building/Factory Layout Plan.
- The Income Tax Department issues a National Tax Number (NTN) or a Tax Return (TR) Certificate.
- Photocopy of the House/Building/Registry Factory (if you own the property).
- A photocopy of the Lease Agreement. (If You Are a Tenant).
- A photocopy of the partnership deed and the list of partners.
- In the event of a business partnership, a power of attorney.
- Ownership/Proprietorship Affidavit (if you are a sole proprietor).
- The Fee for The Installation of Domestic Gas Connection in Pakistan:
The size of the premises determines the cost of installing domestic gas connections in Pakistan:
Size of Plot Service Line Charges Security Total
Up to 10 Marla/ 250 sq yd Rs. 1500 Rs. 4500 Rs. 6000
Above 10 Marla/ 250 sq yd Rs. 3000 Rs. 4500 Rs. 7500